Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler removal question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plewlandsbob

Hi
My name is Bob. I was searching the net for information and found this forum. In my house I have central heating from an open fire/back boiler and a Worcester Danesmoor 20-25 oil fired boiler. The systems connect through a Dunsley neutralizer. What I want to do is remove the oil boiler completely. Can I just Blank the water feed and return pipes that go into the boiler or should I join the pipes together so that the water can circulate. The oil side is a single pipe system. oil tank and pipework to be removed. The back boiler c/h system was fitted in 1991. the oilboiler was added to system in 1994. Have traced pipework, the two pipes from oil boiler go straight into neutralizer I want to remove boiler as we are extending the kitchen and just use wood for fuel as we have a good supply.
Thank you in advance for any information / help provided.

Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Without seeing system hard to say
But if oil flow and return come straight from oil boiler to neutraliser then should be able to just cap off
But it would be better to get a plumber in to take a look as could be more complicated set up

Yes at the neutraliser, would be the answer, BUT! you dont no if the person who did the pipe work in the first place did it right, you really need someone to have a look or you might be making a BOMB, should only cost you a good drink for someone close buy.

Most likely you just need to plug the pipes to oil boiler off - those pipes shouldn't have anything to do with the other pipes so don't need connected together.
The neutralizer will have it's own feed & expansion pipes, & the whole point of it is to have different circuits, pumped or not, joined but not heating each other. But do get someone who understands it to check it all first, as solid fuel fire not to be messed about with!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler removal question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock