Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler not lighting up on one channel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ian29gte

Bit of an odd one this, and I'm completely mystified!

I have four circuits, one for each of the three floors heating, and one for the hot water. The ground floor heating circuit thermostat clicks on and off, and the 3-way valve opens up when it does, but the boiler won't light. Everything works OK one all the other channels, though.

The timer is an old one, a Sangamo Quartzmaster, from 1988.

I don't have a wiring diagram for the system, and I wonder whether the programmer channel could be faulty, even though it shows a light on for that channel.

Any help appreciated!

If there is movement of the zone valve it is likely to be the end (micro) switch which is not making as this is used to signal the boiler to fire.

As above, if zone valve opens programme is calling for heat and valve energized. Manually opening the valve against the spring a few times may loosen the mechanism and allow contact with micro switch.

As above, if zone valve opens programme is calling for heat and valve energized. Manually opening the valve against the spring a few times may loosen the mechanism and allow contact with micro switch.
Do it hard & fast,

& the same with the valve as the paddle should then hit the micro-switch.:wink:

Had a good look, the tab was not contacting the microswitch. On pressing the switch, the boiler fired up fine. Gearbox felt good, so as I had a spare synchron motor, I fitted that.

All works a treat now, maybe the old motor wasn't rotating far enough?

Anyway, many thanks chaps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler not lighting up on one channel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock