Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler locking out in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have an intermittent fault with an external Worcester oil boiler.
It intermittently locks out and after reset runs again. My condensing waste pipe is connected to a gutter downpipe.
It occurred to me that during heavy rain the condensing pipe may not be able to drain and can cause the problem.

Is this the possible cause of the problem?

Yes if blocked it could cause lockouts. The condensing discharge should have an air break where it tee's into to drainage externally.
What's the pattern and frequency of these lockouts? What burner is it?

Never seen an oil worcester lockout due to condensate. It would just drop into main heat exchanger.

Although I have seen one full of water when the 40mm pipe froze and the washing machine filled the main heat exchanger 😮

Can you take a picture of the burner.

Never seen an oil worcester lockout due to condensate. It would just drop into main heat exchanger.

Although I have seen one full of water when the 40mm pipe froze and the washing machine filled the main heat exchanger 😮

Can you take a picture of the burner.
I can't take a picture at the moment but it is a Worcester green Star camray 18/25 External oil boiler

Reply to Boiler locking out in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi My oil boiler keeps locking out after running for 30/40 minutes! I then try to reset it but it won’t fire back up! I have to leave it for...
Replies
Views
I have a customers trianco burner that starts from cold ok for a few minutes (say 3minutes) then locks out then will not stay on. Boiler had not...
Replies
Views
Hi, we have Worcester Bosch heatslave external oil boiler 18/25 Boiler locked out. Pressure was below 0.5 so brought pressure back up. When lock...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I have Worcester combi boiler which has developed a 'fault' recently. When I switch the heating on, the fire in boiler starts for a second or...
Replies
Views
Andy Jackson
A
Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock