Discuss boiler keeps losing water pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

julesm

hi. my boiler keeps losing water pressure. i keep having to top up the water pressure each day. It is taking approx 24 hours for the water pressure to fall from 1.5 to 0 on the water pressure meter.

Also, ive noticed that water is bubbling up in shower and water is coming up from the outside drains. So i guess they need unblocking. Would this be anything to do with the water pressure problem??

Anyone know what the problem is??

Thanks in advance.

and also, carrying on from bosswites post, if you closed the isolation valves on the boiler and then pressure tested the system this could tell you whether the problem is the boiler or the system

thanks all. i will get a plumber around to do this air pressure test.

on a slightly different topic, if the boiler runs dry and the boiler kicks in will this cause any damage to the system/boiler. its happened a few times and the boiler make a loud banging sound until i fill it up again

julesm;143782]thanks all. i will get a plumber around to do this air pressure test.

on a slightly different topic, if the boiler runs dry and the boiler kicks in will this cause any damage to the system/boiler. its happened a few times and the boiler make a loud banging sound until i fill it up again
The boiler should have a safety interlock that prevents it firing up when the C/H system pressure is low. Has this been tampered with? If so you'll end up knackering the boiler

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to boiler keeps losing water pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock