Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Boiler issues after new rad install?? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys. I fitted a couple of rads for a friend over the weekend and now this is what’s happening when the heating fires up. Could it be related? I’m not a breakdown engineer by any means

Attachments

• 081076A4-A436-42CA-B73D-158B7A5C49E2.MP4
    3 MB
Sorry it’s a short video.
Basically when the heating is on on the boiler sounds like a washing machine with a pebble in. Very noisy. Nowhere near as bad on hot water. It’s an old Worcester 727 combi. Also the display flashes -| |- I have no idea.

i wouldnt say that was a heating noise more of a boiler noise

-| |- aka trap fill will do it for 10-15mins and then work normally

Sorry it’s a short video.
Basically when the heating is on on the boiler sounds like a washing machine with a pebble in. Very noisy. Nowhere near as bad on hot water. It’s an old Worcester 727 combi. Also the display flashes -| |- I have no idea.
Have you fully bled the whole system bottom to top ? what pressure does it show after that at cold..
should be 1.5 bar max. These new rads ..do they have trv valves because if you have mixed up flow and return many are only meant for one way flow...and that can cause them to bounce back. look at that ...because beyond that it gets quite serious unless others on PF have other ideas
centralheatking

Thanks for your advice guys. I’ve managed to go and have a look an hour ago. In the flesh it sounded more like it was kettleing. I cut the condense to make sure it was clear and checked the condense trap. Pressure whilst the systems cold is 1.2 bar. All rads bled and warming nicely when I left. It went through the trap fill cycle first and seemed to be ok.

Reply to Boiler issues after new rad install?? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

H
I need some help and advice with a boiler issue. We have F29 and then F29 appearing on our new boiler. This happened after few days where water...
Replies
Views
Hi, looking for some advice. We have had an issue with our boiler of late and recently had a 3 port actuator replaced. What’s happening now is...
Replies
Views
My Vaillant boiler now only fires up for around 30 secs then goes off. The egg timer symbol then appears and flashes for several minutes. After...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock