Discuss Boiler fault finding course/book?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

johnny.wilcock

Hi everyone,

I qualified a few months ao now, however, I am needing a fault finding course or decent book to read so I can understand boiler sequence, testing with a multimeter etc etc etc..... I'm sure many people pass the ACS and have the same problem as myself...... I am based in Kent but will go on a course anywhere that has great reviews......

H E L P

John

There is a blue coloured book that is called
Boiler fault finding and repair

Bought it. But never read it

I learnt from manuals

Just read the manuals and do courses baxi are down in kent , just got back from a local chinese take away that had a new ravenheat combi fitted ,that apparently was only fitted 3 weeks ago and keeps locking out ,check all the usual things pump thermistors over heat stat ,gas , then noticed the old flue had been used a piece of earth wire wrapped around the pipes and the boiler not bolted to the wall tightly , I was glad I was not able to fix it, apparently it was not registered surprise surprise

HI john if you go to your local libraby there are 2 books that will help you 1 Central Heating fault finding & repair And 2 Combination boilers fault finding and repair they are both by John Reginald i would rate them very highly i have been on a few courses and baxi stand out as the best to learn from

it all comes from experience mainly, learning ignition of sequences on boiler, components, how they work, what theyre made up of (what they conisist of), how to check-where to check, and usuing logic really, best place to learn is get your MI's out from your boiler and see what parts are in there and then think of what other kind of parts are in other makes e.t.c, compare diffent Manufacturers and how work compared to the other make and have a flick through mate, and of course the john reginald- fault finding and repair book-BRILLIANTTT!...good luck......and i must go on that BAXI course in Dartford keep saying to myself but i dunoo lol...

didnt rate the reginald books, he just keeps repeating himself
brought the mr combi dvd but didnt think it was anywhere near worth the money i spent on it

did the baxi course and found it to be 1st class,
they make you do more than one day which i found annoying when booking but when you do the course you see why they insist you do more than one day

Baxi, really? I've been thing about the vaillent course but i will investigate thanks for the tips on the books too.

I would try to go on as many courses as possible. Moreso if they are free. The more you can understand and take in the better. Almost all gas boilers are electrically controlled and use gas as the fuel. A basic course in multimeter usage would benefit you no end. Some tips can be found on Youtube.

As you're in Kent suggest you do any relevant baxi and worcester courses. If you can get to Vaillant, they do courses which involve full strip out and reassembly. All worth doing.
Also recommend the Honeywell course.
Cheers

The Honeywell electrical courses are very good. At only £30 for the day with a nosebag thrown in, they will let you know the whys and wherefores of their programmers, timers, s-plan layouts and other relevant controls and systems. Money well spent as its usually a hands on course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler fault finding course/book?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock