Discuss Blooming Scandalous. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bantamgas

How about this job advertised on the job centre website...taking the mick or what?

Gas Fitter Temporary
Job No: HUD/101194
SOC Code: 5314
£6.00-£9.00 per hour
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
14.9 miles
01/03/2012

Don't think the link works but its social housing service and repair.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose the higher rate of pay is for a self-employed GSR with own tools, FGA, plain van, insurance and a tendency to 'Squeal Like a Pig' whilst being shafted.

someone will apply for it
Ye

yah,and some more folk will be put in dangerous situations and get hurt,due to cost cutting and work standards but they seem to be able to hide behind the ''social housing' cloak

imho

Can't you just hear the HSE brief berating the £6-£9/h engineer for an error which puts an innocent customer 'at risk of death or worse'

Anyone seen the case in the GS mag where the 72 year old guy was similarly slated and fined a shed load of money for not being registered?
But a no point did the article suggest that his work was substandard...

That is total madness. It drives me crackers these firms just taking the mick. It comes down to the engineer cutting corners to make a weekly wage which is not on imho

on a simlar issue my dad lives in Devon and plumber quoted him £25 per hour, was well shocked, its over double here in bucks

Ye

yah,and some more folk will be put in dangerous situations and get hurt,due to cost cutting and work standards but they seem to be able to hide behind the ''social housing' cloak

imho

Fully agree pal

my local housing association advertising for two gsr's, same rate of pay, which is the same as their painters and decorators

Yet a Housing Officer with a 'light degree' and no potential of causing a life threatening situation will be offered £33k plus benefits to start.

Surely not that's tesco,s shelf stacking rates!

I would rather work at Tescos myself and sleep easy at night time than doing that rubbish job

I saw this job I am not that desperate yet but I am looking its grim at the moment the phone just isnt ringing I have never been so quiet in 20 years of been self employed I am just hoping the A/C season is better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Blooming Scandalous. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

E
Just a selection of Plumber jobs , for anybody thinking of giving up a career and taking up plumbing. PLUMBER / GASTemporary Job No...
Replies
Views
mountainman
M
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock