Search the forum,

Discuss blocked toilet tips in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennie

Gas Engineer
Hi all,
I've got a toilet to attend to next week - the owner dropped a 'plastic container' down it. I need to fish it out.
With a bit of luck, I'll be able to reach it with my fingers, or dislodge and pop it out with my toilet plunger and toilet auger.
I'm hoping I won't need to pull the toilet away from the wall and go in from behind.
Tips from anyone who has already been there/done it would be much appreciated.
Thanks again,
Jennie

I've had to get the arm down there a couple of times in the past, but yeah try the coat hanger first, always the more appealing option :lol:

Give your apprentice his first "hands on" experience of manually unblocking a toilet, while you look on and laugh at him dry wretching
:yinyang:

1no drain rod
1no 4" bung

Pump the life out of it or wetvack and watch Henry splutter on his first meal!

hahahaha! I love it when suddenly you hear the big SLUUUUURRRP and you see the hose flop about like crazy and you think to yourself 'thar she goes....'
Thought it was just me that shouts when you finally shift that blockage & she starts to run again but mine is "there she blows"
I remember a particular satisfying 6" line under McDonalds at Golders Green that use to run like a train for 10-15mins when you got it, are happy days!

Anyways much better to pop the pan out (if not cemented/siliconed in) if you can, the little buggers will alway get stuck in the outlet. What ever you do make sure it does not go down into the drainage system otherwise you will be back to clear than next, FOC.

Ohhh. I'm so not looking forward to tomorrow. Hope there's nothing too unpleasant down there. Have got long rubber gloves ready to go.

dont go wearing those long gloves in front of your man, it may scare the hell out of him, if it doesnt , it should!! :)

Reminds me of a neighbour trying to unblock a foul water drain in the village. The house was at the top of the hill and there were about 6 really deep chambers brimming with sewage, probably several hundred gallons worth. The guy goes to the chamber at the bottom of the hill and starts rodding uphill, then, whoosh and a massive sewage fountain from the chamber covering him and all the cars parked alongside! Fortunately nobody had parked a convertable that day.

Last edited:
Sounds like I got off lightly this morning. It was all quick undramatic, and clean. A toilet fragrancer had got lodged right at the back of the toilet, almost by the toilet connector. I had to pull the toilet out and go in from behind. The customer was so happy. She gave me a tip, and a big chocolate bar as well. I'm now one happy, and crapuccino free plumber. Thanks again everyone for your tips and comments. :-D

Attach a double salmon hook to the wire coat hanger, ease down until you feel resistance and strike.
A tad different from Salmon fishing, as you'd normally wait for the salmon to run before lifting in.
Doubles can be purchase here:
Salmon Double Hooks | eBay

Personally, I'd opt for a size#6 in stainless steel.A packet will last you a long , long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to blocked toilet tips in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock