Discuss Blocked pipe between boiler and 1st rad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennythedip

Gas Engineer
Hi all,
Looking for advice on clearing a blocked flow pipe. The pipe is definitely blocked with sludge but it's buried in concrete so I can't cut it out. Has anyone used a compressor to blow it out? Any other suggestions much appreciated.

repipe will be my suggestion too , I always if possible remove re pipe primary flow and return when doing boiler change

pumping air/presure through will most likely just move the blockage to another part of the system.

Thanks for replies. It's not piped as bypass. I was going to remove rad and connect pipe on flow and pipe it to outside,then take off flow pipe at boiler and try to force it out with air. To re-pipe means having to lift a load of tiles in kitchen and do a bit of digging!

if theres a blockage there then theres probably more to come like steve said power flush all the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Blocked pipe between boiler and 1st rad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock