Discuss biasi 30c condensate trap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sammy hothead

The engineer came to check an error 01, which could have been the flame detector or condensate the latter was clear of any obstruction. He went to take off the trap and stripped it. I saw him put the plastic ball in the bottom cage of the trap. When he installed it again we could smell burnt gasses. I thought that the ball was supposed to stop that happening? Then he filled it up with water and the smells disappeared. My question is: is the ball in the correct position? I do not have a drawing of this trap so do not know if he has put the ball in correctly.
Hope you can help lads and lasses

stop looking over peoples shoulders, then you wont worry, the water stops the gases escaping and the ball is fine

hi thanks for the reply old man.
However the engineer called me, upstairs and asked me to hold the torch for him. I see that the book says a plastic ball closes the trap outlet in case the trap is empty. We could smell burnt gasses where no gasses should have been able to escape. Though they did when the trap was empty? Before he took the trap off you could see the ball on top of the water but afterwards when he filled it again there was no ball to be seen in the clear plastic of the trap. I'm just a bit worried that's all. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to biasi 30c condensate trap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock