Discuss best footwear ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
mostly domestic plumbing, in and out of customers houses, lovely white carpet:gunsmilie:

considering getting doc marten shoes with the steel toe caps from screwfix,

cheers

I love Dr Marten boots as well, have had NON safety dm's on and off since school days and will always have a pair till amongst my shoe collection, but now im starting in the trade my old man got me a pair of Timberland Pro slitrock safety boots from screwfix....comfy as hell and light too....would never know they had a steel plate in the sole. I will probably still add a pair of safety dm's to my collection at some point though.

As sad as it is, this is actually a sore point with me at the mo! Bought a pair of hard wearing trainers, they lasted about 10 weeks. I then decided steel toe cap was the way to go, bought a pair of steel toe trainers on the 23rd Sept and they are already falling apart!

It's always on the toes, kneeling down the toes always rub on the floor which just chews up the stitching. I'm gonna try wellies or flip flops next.

Flippers always go down well

I always wear steel to caps, last couple of pairs have been de-walt, and they seem ok, just need to make sure the toe caps are wide enough to be comfortable.

I bought these the other month from Screwfix, only £35, still on offer, well worth the money, need to be broken in for a week, which is the downside

ShowImage.ashx.jpeg

ordinary waterproof hiking trainers for me like merrell.
had a pair now for 2 years.

my dewalts with toe cap lasted 14 months and i am light on my shoes as only domestic stuff.

Thanks for the replies guys, I much prefer to wear steel toe cap boots but was working with the old man in a roof space and he said how am i supposed to feel the joists with the boots on which makes sense, too many too chose from:rant:, obviously if i was working on site it wouldnt matter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to best footwear ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock