Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Best 10mm cutter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of cutter is the best for 10mm copper? The wrap over ones or ones you tighten up yourself as you turn the cutter?

A proper pipe slice is always better... If you use it enough to justify buying it for that size pipe.

Smaller and compact so you get them in to tighter spaces, plus they're quicker.

Hacksaw on 10mm for me plus while we're on the subject of 10mm; the Monument 10mm Olive Remover is a brilliant bit of kit, saved me lots of time while on a 3 month job upgrading a whole estate in Wigan once.

I bought a Bacho 10mm slice about a year ago and it has been great. Well worth the money, much quicker than hacksaw and leaves a perfect finish for fittings to slide on.

I have this......regards Turnpin IMG_20160423_213332.jpgIMG_20160423_213309.jpg

I have the today's tools 8mm tube cutter and can honestly say it is a great bit if kit.

ive been using the Rothenberger Mini cut 2, only goes up to 22mm but small enough to get into most places failing that junior hacksaw and 10mm Nut to cut up against to get a nice cut

ive been using the Rothenberger Mini cut 2

This is what I use. It's a bit slow but by going slowly and carefully you can minimise the internal burr to the point it's easy to get a liner in which is an absolute must have on oil lines. I have found oil lines without a liner sometime suck air in as they are under vacuum with the top outlet tanks and even a tiny amount of air will ruin oil pumps on the burner.

Do most people de bur?

If making flared fittings it is essential as any burr is likely to form a kind of lip on the flare and this will certainly leak. If it's a compression fitting and the liner goes in then there is no need to deburr because the liner in place covers up the burr and it can't have any effect on flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best 10mm cutter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Which is the best way of reducing a rad. Valve down from 15mm to 10mm. A soldered reducer or an internal reducer?
Replies
Views
Home central heating in 10mm plastic then via a push fit connector to 10mm copper feeding the radiator. Is it possible to get the copper pipe out...
Replies
Views
I have Honeywell Valencia TRVs 10mm pipe size, I’m making mods to accommodate larger rads and it looks like the 10mm compression insert is special...
Replies
Views
I checked where to fit my essex flanges for the recirc pump after looking into the water tank. The hole cutter I have is in the pic. Are the teeth...
Replies
Views
Hi thank you for letting me join this forum . We have an air to water heat pump but the bungalow is piped in micro bore 10mm pipe which doesn’t...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock