Discuss Becoming Gas-safe registered? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

JE-P&H

Gas Engineer
My current situation is I have worked for my employer for 3 years, and now the time has come for me to look at becoming Gas-safe. The problem I have is that the majority of the courses need an on-site portfolio but my current employer is not Gas safe registered so I do not work on boilers, fires etc. I have tried contacting Gas safe to ask for their advice on the route to to take but they were not much help! So any advice would be appreciated as the only option I am working on at the moment is looking for a new employer!!

Cheers Jack

You really need to be working with someone who is gas safe and blinding your portfolio , try not to to get any where fast you will be disappointed am afraid

Cheers for the quick reply! I'm not looking for a quick fix I'm just looking for a way to take the next step, and a new employer does seem like the only option at the moment

To my knowledge, a new gas registered employer is the only way to gain the portfolio but best of luck as i'm sure you realise, if only by looking on here that there are loads of people after the same thing as the profession is already oversubscribed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Becoming Gas-safe registered? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back