Discuss Baxi platinum E160 Fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Reece1978

My boiler is 5 years and 1 month old and just developed this fault. If i run the hot tap and turn the boiler on it runs hot but then registers the fault after the water is turned off again and wont run again untill i turn the power off and on again. The fan seems fine and runs whilst it is heating the water. Do assume this is a PCB fault? can anyone suggest anything else before i fork out for a new PCB please.

why would you assume anything why don't you get someone to look at it?

It's possibly the pcb. more likely though it's a part you cant replace unless you're GSR.

Fork out for a GSR and let him diagnose the fault for you.

Cant afford to call anyone in at the moment. Im a competent indervidual but not an expert in fault diagnosis.

you can't afford to get someone in but willing to guess at pcb and buy one?

not meaning to have a pop but it just gets me how many times people say i've changed this part and that part what else could it be

Last edited:
do you need to be GSR to replace a PCB?

Yes. PCB's quite often have pots on them that control the combustion process.

And it's probably not your PCB, There are other checks to be made without leaping in feet first. It'll cost you less getting a GSR in in the long run!

Thanks Croppie, The Error code system made it sound so simple ha ha. Ill call in a pro then.

Yes expensive wife

Ain't we all mate! I'm afraid you need a gsr though. Where in the country are you Reece? Someone might be near you.

And bang a post up in here!

[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

Im in Poole but its not urgent, Ill speak to a GSR on monday, i just didnt want to call in favours unless absolutely nessersary (favours can sometimes cost more than paying) cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi platinum E160 Fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock