Discuss Baxi 105e hot water not heating properly and brown water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alanmonk

Hi all i have a Baxi 105e and the hot water will not heat up fully for ages at least 5 minutes to get hot water from the tap even then not boiling, The lights are showing the climb in temp but as i say very slowly i got a m8 to take a look and told me the sensor could be to blame so i changed this. We have notice slight improvement but not much. The water all runs brown for a couple of seconds when we initialy run it but only for a few seconds then clear again. I have also noticed a couple of the radiators heating up when not on when we run tap for ages.

Would appreciate any help as i not got much money so can't afford to keep trying different things.

Cheers

diverter or plate heat exchanger faulty,in any case the diverter will be wrecked

Blimey quick reply wow thanks for replying

I take it this is a job for a pro is it and will it cost me loads m8.

it is really but should be a simple strait forward repair if they know the boiler and most will there are hundreds of 105,s fitted post your location up may be someone on here who can help

I'm in North east m8 Stockton-on-tees not working at the moment due to lay off last year so not much money so need cheap job if possible ;)

You where bang on m8 just had plumber out from insurance firm took the plate heat exchange unit off and full of rusty bits of metal or sludge he said so looking like whole system needs flushing and replacement of plate heat exchange and possibly diverter and of cause not covered by insurance as it's classed as wear and tear apparently.

Thanks for your help much appreciated gonna have start saving now big time :(

Get a spirotech fitted on the return pipe from the heating to your boiler this will help to protect the heat exchanger from any debris from the system.

cheers m8 the plumber did mention about a magnet type device fitted to that pipe probs something similar to what you mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi 105e hot water not heating properly and brown water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock