Discuss Basement ventilation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Looked at a 70kw open flued boiler in a basement.
The only ventilation available is at high level (ground level outside) with no obvious way of getting the high and low level ventilation needed. The existing vent is big enough to cover both high and low level requirements.
I had thought about ducting down to provide a low level vent, but this would still leave the outside grills in the same space. Not one high and one low.

Anyone have a good solutions?
Or have access to the British standards they would share so I can read more into it BS.664 and BS.5440:2
:confused:

Ducting is the answer, bringing it down to floor level and keep the existing one where it is for the high.

The only issue is that they would be the same level out side (low level).
They should be one high and one low but its not possible as its the front of the property.

Ducting your low level ventilation is what is recommended. It does not make any difference if the external vents are in the same position. By ducting you are effectively seperating for high and low vents. Refer to BS6644 commercial boilers 70KW to 2MW 6.9.3.3.1.5

I will try and get access to BS 6644
Thanks for your input guys

###Just an update, I called gas safe and they confirmed the above information.
I was looking at information where both high and low level vents were ducted down to the basement, in this case the external grills should have the same height difference as the internal grills.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Basement ventilation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm building a new build bungalow and have 3 stub stacks coming up through the block and beam floor. I will be installing an external Soil Vent...
Replies
Views
Can anyone help with this please? I have had a bedroom and en suite installed in what was loft space above my garage. Unfortunately there is no...
Replies
Views
Hello. This is my first ever post asking for help. I had a bathroom renovation done early this year which I did myself. I wanted to have a low...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A...
Replies
Views
Hello. I'm hoping to get some advice. I moved into a new build house a few years ago. A Firebird Silverpac external oil boiler (kabin pak type)...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock