Search the forum,

Discuss Cannot ventilate en suite. in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

5696jamie

Can anyone help with this please?

I have had a bedroom and en suite installed in what was loft space above my garage. Unfortunately there is no way to run the ventilation ducting from the extractor fan into the main roof to access the ventilation tiles. Due to steels/roofing timbers, at most there is a 2.5 inch gap to run piping; our electrician tasked with fitting the ventilation says that this won't be sufficient for the existing fan. Are there any other devices that could be installed in the main roof that have a smaller ventilation hose?

The other option would be to fit a new vent tile on the roof above, but there's no access into the loft space so connection may difficult. Also, it's a slate roof, so would prefer not to rip slates off if possible. Thank you for any advice anyone can offer - pulling my hair out!

Would vent it on the slate roof best to get a roofer in for the slate work f your unsure

Reply to Cannot ventilate en suite. in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock