Discuss Automatic air vent problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

I have a Worcester heatslave 15/19 RSO oil combi boiler.
We have had an issue where we haven’t been able to get heat to the radiators but we had hot water.
I replaced the diverter valve cartridge yesterday as believed this was the problem when I then refilled the boiler with water we had a couple of small drip type leaks one being from the auto air vent with water dripping out the top.

I have drained the water out again and am trying to get the air vent off but it is stick rigid. The manual says you can just turn it, I have tried this by hand and with a spanner but it won’t budge.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get it off?

Many thanks

618AC146-CA5F-4064-ACA4-A346D61514DE.jpeg

Grips on the body and undo

It will / should if you can't time to call a pro out

They're probably a hex section at the bottom of the air vent, covered by the lagging at the moment.

Similar to these, but your's may be 1/2" or 3/8";

Automatic Air Vent Valve (Bottle Type) 3/8" BSP | eBay
Brass Compression 1/2'' Automatic Auto Bottle Air Vent Valve | eBay

Snow head- thanks I’ve moved some more of the insulation to expose the bottom but there is nothing there to turn a spanner on. Is there any reason I can’t spray WD40 on the base to loosen it as there is a fair bit of rust at the bottom. Thanks

image.jpg

Reply to Automatic air vent problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Dear professionals, could someone kindly advise on per below issue, please let me know if more pictures or details needed. I think my Auto Air...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and just some background on myself. I have 4 years experience as a plumber but haven't worked in the trade in 15 years. I...
Replies
Views
I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've just found this forum and wondering if anyone can please help us. We've not long moved into our new home. It's has Johnson and Starley...
Replies
Views
Hey guys in the know. I have paid for a heating and plumbing contract and had to pay my excess 3 times for the same thing still not fixed. The...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back