Discuss Anyone know the manufacturer of this boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Ivor Bates

Anyone know the manufacturer of this boiler? And no bright sparks saying check the data plate:smiley2: september 181.jpg

not the best picture but it could be a savio which is now part of biasi there should be a data plate somewherejust cos yyoun cant find iit dont mean its not there have you removed the side panels its often on those

Any signs of data badge been removed ?

When combis first became popular a lot were brought into the country that did not have a CE mark. I used to see a few Chaffateux boilers without such markings.

Can you drop the grey control box forward and take another picture?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It is a heat only fan flued boiler, non condensing & non combi. if I drop the grey panel all you will see is fresh air. Inside however is a sealed black plastic box which I assume is the pcb has all the wiring plugged in. This boiler does not have a data plate on it, either inside, outside on the top or on the bottom, it may of had one once, but it certainly does not have one now.

It is a heat only fan flued boiler, non condensing & non combi. if I drop the grey panel all you will see is fresh air. Inside however is a sealed black plastic box which I assume is the pcb has all the wiring plugged in. This boiler does not have a data plate on it, either inside, outside on the top or on the bottom, it may of had one once, but it certainly does not have one now.

Just as I thought, it's just when Kev-the-gas mentioned combi, I thought, doesn't look like a combi to me. Lol
Is there no identifying marks or words at all? Anything printed on the circuit board?
Why do you need this info, is the boiler faulty?

This boiler works in series with a Worcester 30Cdi which is just to the right of this boiler which is why you can see the condense pipe. This boiler is not working, although as you can see there is power to it, none going to the fan though. The other reason we need the information is because it is rented accomodation so needs to be on the CP12. The owner of the property is an Arab who lives out in Saudi and speaks little or no English. It's a largish type of property with 4 main bathrooms plus 6 ensuites spread over 4 floors and has a 2000ltr copper hot water cylinder, plus 38 radiators all being heated by a 30Cdi at the moment....:)

You will need to go through logical step by step fault finding on this boiler without any info to help. So you say you have power, is the polarity correct? Have you got a demand? Is the pump running? If no, is there power to it? You say fans not running, is there power to it? Is the APS at rest? What can you see on the boiler, is there an overheat stat? If so has it got continuity through it? How many fuses can you see on the pcb? Are they ok? This isn't a combi so should be a very simple fault to fix. If your GSR, you should have no problem interrogating this boiler. Sorry I can't help you in identifying which boiler it is, but I'm sure someone on here will recognise it. Let me know if you need any help fixing it.

I don't need a hand to repair it or finding out what is what is wrong with it, or guessing whether it is a combi or not, or how to suck eggs. As the title of the thread says "Does anyone know the manufacturer of this boiler?" If you do then I'd be grateful if you could let me know, if not then not to worry replying as it is pointless post. The reason I need to know who the manufacturer is, because it is not much cop saying to the guy in the heating spares shop have you got a spare part for this boiler, he then asking "what make of boiler" and me saying take a guess! I just asked the question on the off chance someone may have seen this boiler before...

If I was stood in front of this boiler then maybe I could find out what it is. The picture only makes me want to guess, which is no good to you. Have any of the parts on this boiler got a part number stamped to them? If so, I can search for the part number and give you a list of boilers the part fits.

Try Servo warm they made their own stuff. Some of it was quite good as well and some!!! But you often found what appeared to be anonymous boilers without much identity could be traced back to them

When combis first became popular a lot were brought into the country that did not have a CE mark.

I didnt mean to say it was a combi, however my reference to the lack of data badge suggested the boiler may have a foreign origin, which entered our great country.

Many boilers entered the country, which had not been checked and passed by our stringent CE Mark departments.

The service valves on your boiler, from my little memory do not look like common valves used in the Uk. (at the time this boiler was probably made) 15 years ago ish??

Sorry to reply again to your post without the name of the boiler.

Without an online guess to the name of the boiler, (which may get the part number right) how can the boiler be correctly commissioned without the exact kw ratings ect ?
:wink_smile:

Read more: http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/c...e-know-manufacturer-boiler.html#ixzz27E4vauyX

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone know the manufacturer of this boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back