Currently reading:
Another squaky plumbing thread - please teach me

Discuss Another squaky plumbing thread - please teach me in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bob Hill

Hi all, Here's the situation:

House is set out over three floors with the combi(37kw) on the middle floor. There's a bathroom on top and bottom floors. When both the hot taps are turned on the top floor bathroom tap makes a high pitched whining noise and at some times no water will come out at all. At others the water also becomes slightly aerated. Normal static water pressure on the hot is about 4 bar, when both taps are on it drops to 1 bar.

My conclusion was that due to the pressure being split between the two hot taps air was being sucked in the top floor one at the same time as water came out creating the noise and or possibly turbulence inside the pipe.

What do you think? How do you go about diagnosing these kinds of noises? What techniques do you use?

Ta,

I didn't measure flow rate with a weir Cup, but it wasn't awful. You think it could be the washers in the tap? In what way do you mean the tap might be broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Another squaky plumbing thread - please teach me in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back