Discuss Am I going mad on this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all,

I've just had a gas fitter round tonight who is going to be fitting the boiler for us on this property renovation job. The cylinder which is going to remain is a new open vented indirect cylinder. I want to fit a system boiler in the loft which will obviously remove the need for the F/E cistern. This will heat the water in the cylinder. The heating circuit will obviously be pressurised and we will run completely new pipework throughout the house for it.

The gas fitter didn't seem sure that a system boiler can be run on an open vented cylinder. My response was 'of course it can, the coils are built to withstand the pressure'. Is he right or am I? I am sure I have seen this setup before with just a CWSC in the loft feeding the hot water cylinder.

Am I going mad? He's got me doubting myself.

Dont understand why eeediots think just because the boiler is pressurised your hot water tank has to be aswell,,, if i were you i wouldnt be allowing someone who didnt understand something as simple as that to work on any of my installs,, fair enough if its a simple brain fart he had as we all get one from time to time ,,

thats ment to be a brain fart lol

your gas man is wrong,or stupid but definitely both ,you can even connect a combi to a cylinder provided you know what your doing,most combis are cheaper to buy than system boilers you just need one hot tap off the combi

your gas man is wrong,or stupid but definitely both ,you can even connect a combi to a cylinder provided you know what your doing,most combis are cheaper to buy than system boilers you just need one hot tap off the combi

Combis cheaper than system boilers , where you getting your ones mark lol, suppose,,, if you dont need the hw side then low kw combi is all thats needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Am I going mad on this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I need someone to replace my boiler, I am thinking to get an Intergas HRE 24 SB. Our current boiler (and old Ideal) is in the kitchen, and we...
Replies
Views
I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig...
Replies
Views
P
I am having a new system boiler to replace very old cast iron open vented jobbie. heating engineer has offered an S plan system and a Main eco...
Replies
Views
Podengo
P
Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock