Discuss Alkathene Pipe? Remove! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

diynot

Hi all,

I am in the process of having a kitchen revamp.

It's a Galley Kitchen (see plan), Washer Dryer Would be in the left hand corner, followed by the inset sink (left hand drainer), then the Dishwasher followed by a Gas hob. This set up would afford me lots of counter top space (750mm) between the hob and the sink.

But unfortunately the Mains Water supply (Black Alkathene) is where I planned to put the Dishwasher.

The alternative set up is Washer Dryer, Followed by Dishwasher and then the sink, this leaves me about 300mm counter top.

Is there anything that can be done about the Alkathene, Can the water board do anything? or am i going to have to have to compromise and live with it? or do you have any other suggestions which I may not have yet considered.

Thanks

Attachments

• Kit Plan.jpg
    Kit Plan.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 101
Hmm, if you're intending to stay in the property i would look at running a new 25mm mdpe pipe back to the meter, looking back at your posts about having a combi, new kitchin and new bathrooms.

seems the logical thing to do to get better flow rates.

Killy Bing has a point there, may be a good time to upgrade, be better to do it now than once the kitchens in and you the discover you can't achieve the flow rates for your new boiler!!

25mm mdpe is around £30 for a 50m coil, then its a couple of fittings so material wise around £50, but it the labour time to lay the pipe, 20m run is probably cheaper to dig a trench than mole!! but I don't get involve in that side I just put the pipes in!

25mm mdpe is around £30 for a 50m coil, then its a couple of fittings so material wise around £50, but it the labour time to lay the pipe, 20m run is probably cheaper to dig a trench than mole!! but I don't get involve in that side I just put the pipes in!

Whoops sorry adm

Youre looking more 100 quid materials imho.
And your guys labour for laying it, connecting to the meter and the internal house connection.

you have the costs of getting the trench too

Last edited:
a few zeros eh............well that puts that idea to rest.

Thanks everyone. This thread can now close.

Hope this helps others.

:eek:

If like most intergrated units , there is normaly a void beneath the dishwasher of approx 120mm , the legs jack up to suit different units , if you can shorten the pipe and fit a 90 degree elbow you may get away with sliding the dishawasher over it and fit a new stopcock to suit your needs .

cheers Dusty

There's a lot of talk about pitting in a new bigger main all of a sudden, just for a combi?

Most properties only have 15mm into them, and the combi and unventeds are working okay... Probs worth checking your flow rate & pressure on the existing incoming supply.

There's a lot of talk about pitting in a new bigger main all of a sudden, just for a combi?

Most properties only have 15mm into them, and the combi and unventeds are working okay... Probs worth checking your flow rate & pressure on the existing incoming supply.

what's the point in getting a sports car if you only put a 1 litre engine in it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Alkathene Pipe? Remove! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back