Search the forum,

Discuss Air being sucked into system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rybo_1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Evening.

Arrived at a job today to change a couple of radiators and try and solve the problem where air seems to be being sucked into the system.

Ive attached a photo to show current layout. I'm thinking of either moving the cold feed to after the vent and before pump (preferred) or combining cold feed and vent as a last resort. The pump sounds very airy and the customer is having to vent all the upstairs radiators monthly.

There is a small leak on one radiator. One that I am changing tomorrow. This is an old cottage

any advice on the problem would be very much appreciated.

DEEFE260-726A-4D65-9E4B-5724E0FDBE58_zps2qrmkidc.jpg

If you can get the cold feed into the right place (like you suggested)that would be a start. What boiler is In there?

Last edited by a moderator:
Get the cold feed in the right position. Failing that put a sealed system in (check there is no pipe work in solid floors and have a disclaimer written up saying you won't cover old pipe work)

also looks like something has been leaking above/on the 3-port valve

Sealed system not really an option here. Downstairs heating circuit all in screed and its an old system, I reckon it would pop in numerous places.

Update;

I decided to see if combining cold feed and vent would make it run any better. Seems to have worked, pump was running super quietly and a day later the customer is really happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Air being sucked into system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock