Discuss AGA pilot light in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nickykeogh

My AGA pilot light went out and I could not get it to stay lit when I re-ignited it. So I changed the thermocouple - really easy - took the old one out and took it to my local heating parts supplier and he sold me an equivalent one for £5. I had to carefully hacksaw off the fixing screw on the gas valve end and use the old one which is slotted as the thermocouple would not pass through the hole in the plate between the burner and the gas valve.

The pilot light still would not stay lit, so I short-circuited the electrodes from the flue safety sensor with a piece of wire and that did the trick - I need a new flue safety sensor - quite a job to fit but cheaper than an AGA engineer visit which costs a cool £260 plus VAT in my area.

I hope this helps

no it does not really help,you could have a knackered sensor but you could also have a genuine flue fault how you going prove the flues not at fault?

just as a note for future refernece, you dont have to call aga, you can get a local gsr to do the work

you really need more investigation thou

I hope you've removed the piece of wire and not left it in place. Safety devices on a gas appliance must not be left bridged out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to AGA pilot light in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock