Discuss ACS CCN1, CEN1 CPA1 exams next week recent advice if poss in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cookey

Gents & Ladies, I have been studying like a loony for the last week for my Initial ACS exams next week. Was wondering if anyone out there has done them recently that might be able to tell me that I dont need to carry on practising pipe sizing calcs and radiator sizing. Hopefully someone out there can help me focus my attentions to more particular study.

Cheers:smile5:

The practical side of things are not that bad. Are you working as an apprentice or at least getting your hands on the trade regularly now? they give you all the books to get the info from but it can be very long winded. I did mine in march i think there was a paper nearly all on chimneys/vents etc.

Hopefully someone else will be able to help more.

yeah been installing for the past couple of years. Looks like i'm similar to you. Was in 2 PWRR for 18 years. Done my plumbing for resettlement. Just finished all my sign offs a couple of months ago for my ACS. I just wanted to focus my attention. Is it the usual old look at the pipework tell us whats wrong, add pipe to existing install and fault find type stuff?

if you have had enough practical experience then i wouldn't worry about the practical, although make sure you do everything by the book. With the theory part of things learn all the usual calculations like gas rate, vent sizing etc and familiarise yourself with the book itself so you can easily find the answers your looking for.

cool nice and easy. 2 mins x30 x10.7= gas rate!!!! Been using viper for self study

We had 1 question on pipe sizing, big sections on ventilation, flues, unsafe sits etc. You shouldn't even be thinking of rad sizing as this has nowt to do with gas. Just think GAS SAFE!! Your tutors should be able to tell you what to be concentrating on, we got our man to get us a load of mock exam papers and did them as you would the real thing i.e. open book/closed book etc. If you've paid for a fast track course, they may not give a toss whether you pass or not as they already have your money! Maybe some lads on here have some exam questions they could email you. I will have a look around at home to see if I have any that I can scan and email you if you post your email address. Good luck and keep your head in the corgi book!

i have sent you a PM requesting an email address to send you training tutorials, no plumbing questions in the ACS, think SAFETY, SAFETY then a bit of LEGISLATION and you wont be far away,
and READ THE QUESTIONS

yeah been installing for the past couple of years. Looks like i'm similar to you. Was in 2 PWRR for 18 years. Done my plumbing for resettlement. Just finished all my sign offs a couple of months ago for my ACS. I just wanted to focus my attention. Is it the usual old look at the pipework tell us whats wrong, add pipe to existing install and fault find type stuff?

Nice 1. There's a lot of fault finding on the practical as they will have likely tampered with the appliances so you can identify what's unsafe. That seems to be the main thing safety safety safety. Like someone else said best thing you can do is familiarise yourself with the books so you know what section to turn to when you see a question. All the answers will be there, the most time consuming thing for me (and all the other lads) was actually going through the books to find the info. If you have been installing the last couple of years you should be fine although there were blokes at our assessment centre who had been plumbing for years but were seriously breaking a sweat and flapping a bit on the theory.

Next time i have to sit the tests i will expect that i wont know a lot of theory off the top of my head but i'll be confident going through the books which will make life much easier.

Sure, cheers for that. We are out in the van all the time and this bloke Gary is always ringing my gaffer. Quite frankly I dont think he has a clue. However when I asked I was told that he was ACS registered but apparently he hates fault finding and by his own admission hes no cop at it. He must have sat his exams at some point so I dont know why i'm so worried. Ive been reading viper manual front to back for the last couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ACS CCN1, CEN1 CPA1 exams next week recent advice if poss in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock