Search the forum,

Discuss 2 zone trouble in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jo-nathan

Ok so I have a Worcester greenstar 34 CDI classic combination boiler, hot water come on instantaneously when oping a hot tap.
Heating side has two zones, one two port valve goes round the underfloor heating circuit and the other two port valve directs flow of water to the radiators.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370373710.755670.jpg
We have a 2 channel Honeywell programmer and timer an ST9520C
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370373639.136416.jpg
The problems occurring have been the programmer keeps resetting itself every couple of weeks so times and dates need reprogramming all the time.
Also client went away for a week and come back to no hot water as the pressure had dropped to zero and radiator system was mostly empty upstairs.
I was wondering weather electrician had wired something wrong as existing pump on the underfloor heating just continuously runs even when zone is closed down would removing the pump on the underfloor heating circuit be the best bet and just let the boiler pump do all the work??

if the pressure dropped to zero and drained the rads in 2 weeks i think your 1st problem is a serious leak

a leak from somewhere for sure, keep your fingers crossed its not on the underfloor. aslo check the clocks instructions, there may be a battery that needs replacing or it may be faulty or wired incorrectly.

Last edited:
more likely the tenants been playing and wont admit it!

more likely the tenants been playing and wont admit it!

System has been full for 6weeks plus with no other building work going on or problem so I'm writing a leak off. Unless of coarse it's a screw through the floor and pipe causing a slow one where they fixed the stairs in.
My concern was more wether or not the programmer was ok to be wired to this kind of set up or wether the pump before the UFH manifold has been wired properly as it continuously runs even when UFH has reached temp or zone has closed.
Sorry I forgot to mention this is the second programmer as we thought first was faulty... Does lightning strike twice, hmmm??
Sparks has checked his work twice but not when I've been there.
Suggestions welcome, something doesn't seem right.

if pumps running continuously and its all new, its not wired correctly, sounds like the switched live has been wired to a permanet live for continuos running. get it checked out by someone who knows what they are about. another heating eng rather than a sparks, some dont get heating circuits!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 2 zone trouble in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock