Discuss 100KW gas boiler for domestic install! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, just re-read your first post. It didn't have any heating right?

Double check his gsr card. As stated previously if he only has domestic he cannot fit a 100kw boiler.

Sorry, just re-read your first post. It didn't have any heating right?
boiler had been previously removed and have no knowledge of what it was, All I have to go on is standard meter with 22mm pipe so that must have been enough for previous install. This is a house I have just bought and am trying to get so can move in.

Replacement Boiler Size Calculator

Using the above you don't need room sizes, just outside wall sizes.

If you oversize it, use all the worst window and insulation choices, pick Scotland as location, it comes in at 40kw.

To get 100kw you need a 20mtr square, 4mtr ceiling, 2 storey metal single glazed, flat roof building in Scotland with 15kw allowance for water.

OK, this might not be helpful, but here's some laymans terms

Victorian, converted train station. New boiler (30KW)

600265_379163292137010_408898048_n.jpg

227205_170517529668255_2405790_n.jpg
Very large (modern) country house. 70KW (Two, sequenced, low loss header and zoned).

IMG_3178.jpg
Tudor house, large - 45/50 KW (single boiler, zoned)

IMG_3161.jpgInternal, of tudor house, showing the manifold and zones.
IMG_1935.jpg
1970's (ultra modern for the time) house. Two cascaded boilers, on a low loss header. With an additional boiler for the pool. Can't remember sizes, but no where near 100KW. Think about 50KW in total, but split over two boilers and sequenced to reduce wear and tear.

I know these are just photos but it shows you what 100KW's is in laymans terms.

Last edited:
thanks very much for that. certainly puts it into perspective. very impressive installs!

No problem. I haven't shown the installs, really. But I think it puts 100KW into perspective, so you can weigh it up against your own property and see if your installer is talking any sense.

Remember Worcester will be quite happy to sell you a bigger boiler. It's the installers job to specify it, not theres.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 100KW gas boiler for domestic install! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock