Discuss 100KW gas boiler for domestic install! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

infromthecold

Hi All

New member and first post.

I'm not in the trade so hoping folks on here with all the knowledge can assist.

Got 5 bed detached Victorian house that has no central heating so in process of getting boiler and rads spec'd.

Have been told that will need a 100kw boiler and that this boiler will need a a larger gas supply pipe even though there is 22mm already.
Was hoping for a combi as there is only one bathroom with shower over bath.
Room sizes (in metres) are listed below, All double glazed with solid walls but I calculate heat requirement at 25KW so where the 100KW comes from I have no idea hence this post. All the on-line calculators I have used are all coming in around 25 - 26 KW for heating.

Hope someone can help or offer advice. I would think 100KW is large enough for a school or factory or a 5 bed with 14/15 rads.

Cheers

Room H, W, D
Living Room 3.1, 5.49, 4.88
Sitting Room 3.1, 4.22, 3.91
Dining Room 3.1, 3.23, 3.12
Kitchen 3.1, 5.18, 4.47
Bed 1 3.1, 4.42, 3.2
Bed 2 3.1, 4.42, 2.29
Bed 3 3.1, 7.21, 3.56
Bed 4 3.1, 3.86, 3.23
Bed 5 3.1, 4.27, 4.11
Bath 3.1, 4.42, 3

Assuming U6 meter STOP YOUR GAS METER WILL ONLY PASS 62 kw absolute max, fires, cookers etc will take this away from the boiler available kw rating too, not even worked it out but would be very surprised if a 30 or 40 kw boiler did not suit you.

Vaillant ecotec plus 837. May well require a 28mm gas run depending on distance.

You sure you want a combi tho??

thanks for all replies so far.
I asked if it was BTU but was told no it is 100KW!

Was hoping combi would suit but not against system boiler with unvented cylinder.

Main objectives are not to get fleeced, not to have supply pipe changed or have something that takes have the gas piped into town :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 100KW gas boiler for domestic install! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock