Discuss 0.5mb drop on tightness test - Should I be worried? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone,

Just looking for some advice/reassurance. My boiler had its second annual service today and the (gas safe) engineer recorded a 0.5mb drop on the tightness test. He assured my partner that this was nothing to worry about but as I wasn't home at the time I just wanted reassurance that this is okay? British Gas did the first service and it was nowhere near as comprehensive as carried out today. I suspect this result would have appeared first time around but either the test wasn't carried out or it wasn't recoreded.

As we only have the boiler and hob running on gas is there anyway this "leak" can be located? Isolate the applicances indivually? Sniffer test? Or is this harder to find than a needle in a haystack?

And lastly, is this likely to be increasing our gas bill?

I should say the engineer was in no way worried and has signed off job sheet as safe so I'm probably worrying about nothing.

Thanks,

Hi everyone,

Just looking for some advice/reassurance. My boiler had its second annual service today and the (gas safe) engineer recorded a 0.5mb drop on the tightness test. He assured my partner that this was nothing to worry about but as I wasn't home at the time I just wanted reassurance that this is okay? British Gas did the first service and it was nowhere near as comprehensive as carried out today. I suspect this result would have appeared first time around but either the test wasn't carried out or it wasn't recoreded.

As we only have the boiler and hob running on gas is there anyway this "leak" can be located? Isolate the applicances indivually? Sniffer test? Or is this harder to find than a needle in a haystack?

And lastly, is this likely to be increasing our gas bill?

I should say the engineer was in no way worried and has signed off job sheet as safe so I'm probably worrying about nothing.

Thanks,
There are permissible drops depending on meter and installation as long as you can’t smell gas.
However if the test was carried out with all appliances isolated and it dropped it’s not allowed.

Nope it’s fine and depending on how he did the test eg water gauge it’s not even readable/ notable at 0.5 mbar

I wouldn’t tbh tho

That is only if there is an actual leak which unless the same method was used a number of times it could the temporary connection made to do the test

Reply to 0.5mb drop on tightness test - Should I be worried? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am a homeowner but caught between a rock & a hard place. I am trying to get a Vaillant ecoTEC 630 plus serviced but the gas safe engineer &...
Replies
Views
Good'ay Wondering what I have been doing wrong or what I should be doing differently. Have had some jobs lately where I will carry out a gas...
Replies
Views
New LPG installation with 2x 19kg cylinders outside, plus change-over regulator with isolator valve on output, then 10 metres of 15mm copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I...
Replies
Views
J
    • Love
During Covid I had to undertake a phone consultation to pass my Gas Safe Inspection. I failed dismally even though I have over 35 years...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock