Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Wozza in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Flue Snugs

Hello all new member here.

Flue snugs. I’m seeing a lot of boiler installs on you tube that don’t have flue snugs to comply with Part L building regs.

What are the rules regarding flue snugs, do they have to be fitted on all new boiler installs.

I prefer to use sand/cement instead of paying £40 for 2 flue snugs

Some Manufacturers like Baxi have a flue snug flue collar option however when I purchased there new combi model recently I was still given the multi fit flue with rubber flue collars. I asked them why and they said I have to request the new style flue snug flue collar instead of the multi fit version.

I welcome your views on this

Wozza Gas Safe registered

Reactions: Lou
The flue from baxi only fits on the combi 2 no other boiler in there range

Thats correct so does a
@ShaunCorbs thanks for your reply That is correct , im hoping someone can answer my original question on flue snugs being required on all new boiler installations mandatory thansk

Thats correct so does a

@ShaunCorbs thanks for your reply That is correct , im hoping someone can answer my original question on flue snugs being required on all new boiler installations mandatory thansk

It’s a nice optional extra but new build arnt doing them also have to core a 6” hole

I use low expansion foam for air sealing the flue

Hey and welcome Wozza

I have moved your thread to a more appropriate forum so you should get more replies!

Welcome!

I forgot to say PM me your gas number and business name and I need to give you access to to=hose areas of the forum.

Reply to Wozza in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock