Discuss worcester technical in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Billy Bob Bob

as some of you read on a thread i posted up,i am in the process of doing a oil install combined solid fuel dual system in a massive 14th century farm house we are using a worcester camray 25/32 heat only after talking to dkia i went for the worcester,it seems well built with good mi,s but i needed to speak to technical twice am i just unlucky or did i get the brainless moron helpline because the 2 halfwits i spoke to were clueless question number 1 to worcester why dont you give plugs this is a four tapping boiler and i need 1 1/4 bushes to tap down to plug off and nowhere stocks them

worcs tech} eh what boiler is it?

me} a camray greenstar 25/32 (i opened the conversation with the boiler model)

wt}is that gas?

me }are you serious???

wt}yes

me no its oil

wt}what boiler is it

me}its a oil camray 25/32 heat only

wt}is it a combi?

me no that would be a heatslave

wt}right ok i dont know? what do the mi,s say?

i finally got my answer but it was painfull

question 2 i just asked the guy whos commission's it and taking on the servicing

So you got to speak to the intelligent one then! :)

I don't tend to get a lot of success from technical helplines, I just look at it that somebody who knows there stuff is not going to be sat on the end of a phone answering questions when they could be more gainfully employed elsewhere.

oddly enough i had a conversation with worcester about their telescopic flue. my question was a simple one, - I have to take the flue up and across from the boiler before it terminates to outside. the telescopic flue is 7" to long with both parts and its about 2" to short if i remove the section and try to use just the terminal end. can i cut the non terminal end down or do i need to buy a small extension piece?

my answer was ill just need to ask my colleague, after 10 mins on hold they both came to the conclusion that i had already come to. useless buggers.

What is the point of having a technical helpline staffed by idiots. Much better just not to answer the phone like many other manu's.

You will get bushes in pipe center or bss or any place that sells steel pipe.

cheers tamz as the job is in newport(hour and 20 mins away) not got time to call into plumbase in bridgend leaving at 7 in the morning so i rang round pts,city,plumbcenter in newport they only stock bushes up to inch which i find unbelievable

Had their technical tell my apprentice that the pcb was dead on a gstar28i junior. I hadn't seen the boiler. But even I could work out it was a dhw flow switch

Symptoms

Heating all fine
Dhw demand - no reaction from boiler

Oh help - sounds like I'm in trouble!!

I find the WB technical support a lottery. I think they prefer you to think out problems for yourself. Then again, maybe they're just dragged in from the local job centre, paid a minimum wage and plonked in front of a computer screen with a couple of manuals. One or two of them are very helpful but with most I've hung up - usually just phoned to confirm a suspicion about something.

However, NO excuse not to know their own boilers and to know immediately whether they're oil or gas.

As for the bushes/blanks, I just pop into my local merchants a few days before delivery, buy a selection of bits, fit the boiler then return what I don't use and don't want to keep.

I can assure you Gas Man, that once it's commissioned properly (and assuming condensate is made "freeze tolerant" and protected as best you can) you won't be phoned again about it!

(PS - there is an in built frost stat - not very clear in the manual)

I haven't got one of them sorry. I got f to f

Pop in to pipe centre Newport road Cardiff. See terry and i could guarantee they will have one on the shelf. I'll pm you the branch number if you want it.

DKIA. I think all Worcesters have frost stats as standard issue

Sorry I should of said all modern boiler have frost stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to worcester technical in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back