Discuss Worc Bosch took 20 minutes for boiler "service" in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Worc Bosch took 20 minutes for boiler "service". BEWARE - DID THEY SKIP SAFETY CH

Why do you need legal representation?

Just take your money elsewhere, i think your over reacting

Re: Worc Bosch took 20 minutes for boiler "service". BEWARE - DID THEY SKIP SAFETY CH

Definitely over reacting!

I & I expect many other engineers can perform all the neccessary safety checks including flue gas adjustments etc if needed within 20 minutes on a modern Worcester Bosch! If I'm being honest I usually take my time & can make it last 45 minutes, as I would not like customers to feel I rushed the job!

i would be pretty sure all the checks were done, and your boiler is operating safely!

Worcester usually log all details and a paper copy is sent in the post, it may take awhile but if you received them before then it will arrive!

Talk of legal representation, don't be silly!

Done many services on modern WBs but 20min is simply impossible to me. Anyone noticed the checkbox for the energy efficiency checks? How long does a gas tightness test take and how quick can you open and close the casing on a GS Junior for example? Add all that together, when do you get your analyser/kit in? Who and when fills in your forms? When and how do you ask the customer about potential irregularities, when and how do you note the last fault and reset the service reminder? Anyone FGAed and set up the boiler which on most devices happens annually, best biennially?
What about the condensate trap, fan pressure?

Last edited by a moderator:

Done many services on modern WBs but 20min is simply impossible to me. Anyone noticed the checkbox for the energy efficiency checks? How long does a gas tightness test take and how quick can you open and close the casing on a GS Junior for example? Add all that together, when do you get your analyser/kit in? Who and when fills in your forms? When and how do you ask the customer about potential irregularities, when and how do you note the last fault and reset the service reminder? Anyone FGAed and set up the boiler which on most devices happens annually, best biennially?
What about the condensate trap, fan pressure?

i doubt Worcester do a gas tightness test on a service contract! Plus a Worcester engineer does these boilers day in & out!

The last time I called Worcester they changed a faulty pcb on a cdi in a few minutes!

I'm sure the likes of British gas, who just stick there analyser in without sometimes takin the case off are not at a property 20 minutes!

Multi tasking, whack it in max, checking gas inlet plus fan pressure At the same time. The condensate has a clear plastic housing, it may not have required cleaning of done last year... Etc

OP, I think you have a complaint with regard to lack of customer service but I think this could be a side effect of being a little heavy handed. I find a little tact and diplomacy can go a long way. Oh, and I don't see how you being a plant engineer has anything to do with the issue.

My comments, based on the many helpful posts I've received:

It seems that for my £200 I've had the most basic of services, which should at the least be adequate. All of the other years when WB took 45 minutes or so, the Technician either took his time or went beyond the basic servicing content. For the amount I am paying I think that I'm entitled to more than 20 minutes worth. I can't help but feel more checks equals more faults found or prevented from developing into break downs. And if nothings found, then alls well and good, but at least I know that I've had value for money and have peace of mind. Some of the independents have posted lists of checks they carry out, far more extensive than what WB are doing to my boiler, and for a lot less money.

Remember their own service manager agrees 20 minutes is insufficient. So although its possible to carry out essential checks in this time that is not what the service manager is expecting the Technicians to do.

The point posted that the contract probably doesn't specify what constitutes a service is correct. My contact provides an annual service, free parts and labour for repairs for a year.

In the past I've always been given a report, without the need to request it. To start with it was given at the time of the service, but its been posted in recent years. This time nothing. I did point out (and requested a copy) that the report was not issued in my first contact when I complained about the 20 minute visit. That was about 5 weeks ago, still no report. I will re-request that I'm sent a copy.

You're rght. I've calmed down a lot since I posted this morning. I live alone and work lots of hours. Time away from my job is precious time. For me to give up my Saturday morning to wait in for the follow up service and have them not turn up was maddening. Remember, it was me who phoned them to find out what was going on. A quick phone call to tell me the day before that they're rescheduling would have cost next to nothing and kept me on side, and I think is a reasonable way to go about their business.

As it stands I feel this contract is poor value for money, the way they've messed me around with slow responses to complaints (weeks pass by) and then dropping me in this morning I can't accept. The lack of a report, even though requested, is suspect to my mind.

I am guessing that you guys are all in the service sector, rather than customers like myself. Its useful to hear your take on the events. So given that my £200 contact provides an annual service, free parts and labour for repairs for a year on my 15yr old Greenstar. Do you think in the long term I'd be better off with a good independent, or stick WB?

It seems that for my �200 I've had the most basic of services, which should at the least be adequate. All of the other years when WB took 45 minutes or so, the Technician either took his time or went beyond the basic servicing content. For the amount I am paying I think that I'm entitled to more than 20 minutes worth. I can't help but feel more checks equals more faults found or prevented from developing into break downs. And if nothings found, then alls well and good, but at least I know that I've had value for money and have peace of mind. Some of the independents have posted lists of checks they carry out, far more extensive than what WB are doing to my boiler, and for a lot less money.

Remember their own service manager agrees 20 minutes is insufficient. So although its possible to carry out essential checks in this time that is not what the service manager is expecting the Technicians to do.

The point posted that the contract probably doesn't specify what constitutes a service is correct. My contact provides an annual service, free parts and labour for repairs for a year.

In the past I've always been given a report, without the need to request it. To start with it was given at the time of the service, but its been posted in recent years. This time nothing. I did point out (and requested a copy) that the report was not issued in my first contact when I complained about the 20 minute visit. That was about 5 weeks ago, still no report. I will re-request that I'm sent a copy.

You're rght. I've calmed down a lot since I posted this morning. I live alone and work lots of hours. Time away from my job is precious time. For me to give up my Saturday morning to wait in for the follow up service and have them not turn up was maddening. Remember, it was me who phoned them to find out what was going on. A quick phone call to tell me the day before that they're rescheduling would have cost next to nothing and kept me on side, and I think is a reasonable way to go about their business.

As it stands I feel this contract is poor value for money, the way they've messed me around with slow responses to complaints (weeks pass by) and then dropping me in this morning I can't accept. The lack of a report, even though requested, is suspect to my mind.

I am guessing that you guys are all in the service sector, rather than customers like myself. Its useful to hear your take on the events. So given that my �200 contact provides an annual service, free parts and labour for repairs for a year on my 15yr old Greenstar. Do you think in the long term I'd be better off with a good independent, or stick WB?

Find yourself a good independent engineer, speak to family, friends, colleagues or neighbours for a recommendation.

What area you in paul, im sure someone from here can help

It seems that for my �200 I've had the most basic of services, which should at the least be adequate. All of the other years when WB took 45 minutes or so, the Technician either took his time or went beyond the basic servicing content. For the amount I am paying I think that I'm entitled to more than 20 minutes worth. I can't help but feel more checks equals more faults found or prevented from developing into break downs. And if nothings found, then alls well and good, but at least I know that I've had value for money and have peace of mind. Some of the independents have posted lists of checks they carry out, far more extensive than what WB are doing to my boiler, and for a lot less money.

I am guessing that you guys are all in the service sector, rather than customers like myself. Its useful to hear your take on the events. So given that my �200 contact provides an annual service, free parts and labour for repairs for a year on my 15yr old Greenstar. Do you think in the long term I'd be better off with a good independent, or stick WB?

SimonG,

My initial post does come across as heavy handed, so I can understand your view. But that’s not how I’ve dealt with WB so far. They’ve received nothing but polite, though I admit firm phone calls and two factual emails. I’ve had a service that their own manager agrees was not sufficient, waited weeks for replies to my complaint, and then this morning got dropped in , plus WB had no intention of ever calling me to reschedule today’s missed visit.

I really don’t think I’ve brought this upon myself.

Gasmannxxx,

I live in Sunderland. I would appreciate a contact for a good independent. I’m sure WB will come good in the end, but I no longer think they are the best solution for me.

If i'm right this thread is all about someone takin 20 mins to do in your opinion 45 mins of work for £200 ,

maybe the previous service engineers were stringing out 20 mins worth of work over 45 ??

Maybe he was in a rush to catch a plane to go on holiday?

Maybe just maybe he's that damn good at his job!

To be fair, I can easily complete a service on a Greenstar in 20 minutes -. Analyse is whilst checking working pressure, fan pressure and gas rate - adjust the readings in max/min if required and once they are correct, test the FSD and you're away!

That's why I always love reading Greenstar in the job history on the laptop, you know you're in for an easy job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worc Bosch took 20 minutes for boiler "service" in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock