Discuss wind up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nysk2008

doesn't it just wind you up when you go to a boiler breakdown (Worcester 240) in this case and the customer has some mickey mouse multi meter, combustion case off, burner out, replaced thermocouple and says the thing don't work, really grates on me, but in reality its ok coz they was some sort of maintainence engineer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Similar situation, in sparks house. Had no hot water from logic plus for 6weeks only just called up this week, did annual service..... Boiler under warranty but didn't call for some reason........ New hob and fire , 17mb in 2 mins on TT. Bloke didn't know anything. Capping off and along comes his soon to be ex wife.... Oh we had fire condemned due to a gas leak, can he (her hubby) just reconnect meter? NO. Spent ages looking for leak, evidently last time it was capped they thought leak was under floor...... Just reconnected it as he couldn't find anything!

17 mbar in 2 mins is pretty good,
but i can beat that, 1st proper gas job i was working with absolute donkey, he was always talking down to me, kept say how he's been a gas engineer for 16 years and how i was a fast track engineer in the job 5 mins, how i was only qualified for domestic and he was commercial etc. Anyhow this one time we were doing a tightness test and it dropped from 24 to 0 like there was an open end, the donkey goes 'well thats the stabilisation period, top it up again'

by the way this donkey has been chucked of the register twice and allowed back on. The 1st time he thought he would do commercial catering which he's not qualified for made a mess and gas safe got called out. The gas safe inspector asks him a few question which he couldnt answer, the inspector trying to give him every chance asks him if he'd like to go and get his books and donkey says 'no thanks'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to wind up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock