Search the forum,

Discuss when you come across bad gas work do you report or let it go? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

plumben

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
i know the answer is obviously that you should always report any bad/dangerous gas work but with the way everyone says gas safe don't do anything about it do any of you still report bad work to them?

Came across a boiler in a recently purchased house where a gas safety certificate had been issued,
in 10 minutes not looking for them i came across these faults

air intake on the flue was separated from the elbow
elbow to the top of the boiler was not secured,
No screws or tape on the telescopic flue
Prv was piped up with a bit of clear hose as an elbow just pushed on

gas meter had lead pipe and copper just hammered over as a blank not even soldered

also there was no FGA carried out on the inspection is that right?

Well theu are gonna need it putting right.
Just charge a bloody fortune and leave !!!

Gas safety cert for boiler , they probably never even looked at pipework .

They won't get it put right either it never does , besides the amount of properties i goto where the new owner never even received a gas cert for boiler on moving is quite high .
Estate agents again the only industry where no skill or regulation acquired.

Sometimes reporting problems is not worth the effort.

Just tell customer there are some things that need fixing, show and explain to them what needs doing and tell them what the cost will be.

If they accept - all good.
If not - report

well im picking a new boiler up tomorrow and taking the gas fire out that in the property,
and fitting a new kitchen whilst im there,

turns out the same fella done the electrical test certificate aswell,
theres a lot more detail and effort in the electric report, i think hes a spark thats done a 4 week gas course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to when you come across bad gas work do you report or let it go? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock