Discuss when installing an outside tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FoRiS HeAtInG

Does the 15mm copper pipe running through the wall need to be sleeved? And also is a single check valve fine to use if there is not enough space for a double check?

Thanks

Yes the 15mm copper pipe will need to be sleeved to protect it from the building materials (bricks and cement) corroding it.
I normally drill a 24mm hole and use a length of overflow pipe as a sleeve, then seal it with silicone once the pipe is fitted.
Also you can get garden bib taps with double check valves built in to them for under a tenna.

Thanks, I know that many choose not to sleeve it and you find in many places that they haven't done so. I always thought it was because of the detraction of the wall when the wall expands and detracts

Always fit iso valve then double check as the tap might be replaced on the future for one that hasn't got a double check

Thanks, I know that many choose not to sleeve it and you find in many places that they haven't done so. I always thought it was because of the detraction of the wall when the wall expands and detracts

Yep so drill a hole slightly bigger than the overflow pipe, circa 24mm.

Ok that all but sums up my question makes perfect sense, so that would apply to any pipes going through brick wall apart from barrel pipe?

Yes the 15mm copper pipe will need to be sleeved to protect it from the building materials (bricks and cement) corroding it.
I normally drill a 24mm hole and use a length of overflow pipe as a sleeve, then seal it with silicone once the pipe is fitted.
Also you can get garden bib taps with double check valves built in to them for under a tenna.

Bib taps with built in double check valves are not compliant with the water regulations for new installations, they can only be used to replace an existing similar tap. On all new installations the DC valve must be within the building as external valves can be susceptible to frost damage.

Bib taps with built in double check valves are not compliant with the water regulations for new installations, they can only be used to replace an existing similar tap. On all new installations the DC valve must be within the building as external valves can be susceptible to frost damage.

Well there you go, I didn't know that.......thanks MJ
Every days a school day

Client the double check valve must go inside to comply with water regs
Just seen mikes post

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think I have ever seen an outside tap installation that is fitted to comply with water regs after reading this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to when installing an outside tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock