Search the forum,

Discuss Whats the best way to deal with rust around cast iron bath waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Gary80gas

Gas Engineer
The customer dosen't want to change the cast iron bath but it has rust around the plug waste hole. It dosent look good and is difficult to clean.
I've suggested touching up the bath with some repair enamel paint but now am not sure which product to use. Some of the product reviews are not good and I don't want to give them something that only lasts six months.
SO can anyone has experience and can help and suggest the best product. Much appreciated. Cheers.

Even one of these bath repair guys will not be able to give a them 100% repair .
Theres loads of products that say they work and stop rust , non work . Believe me I have had a lifetime trying .
The only one that that comes close is hammerite , it will look awful but it will work - ish .

Totally concur Town. All, ultimately, are a waste of money. Best bet in my view is a nice new (guaranteed 25 years) Bette or Kaldewei steel bath. Never fit plastic unless its at least 8mm thick, bu then they are dearer than steel!

Reply to Whats the best way to deal with rust around cast iron bath waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock