Discuss What would you replace this with? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Customer wants cheap and cheerful and easy to fit because they're selling up.

Photo1688.jpg

Fed by a combi. Looks like compression connections and 150mm centres (ish...153mm maybe? looks like the new mira 415's are advertised as 153mm centres)

hello

I have a Mira exel in my house, looks kinda the same but newer, works well with my combi, maybe not cheap, depends what they think cheap is!

I like mine, installed it myself with no experience 6 years ago!

Best regards

Mira Element?

If not I think the sheds do a Aqualisa-alike on 150mm centres, prob an old model with a Homebase badge on it!

What about just changing the cartridge ? would be cheepest option.

changed cartridge, prob persisted. customer service said could be faulty cartridge but custard i think just want to be done with it. i will give them both options.

i got a cheap chearfull mixer shower and all new rails shower head ect for £65 from ams it was slightly different but just enuff to drill the tile slightly as there was enuff play in the pipes and the new backplates covered up the small gapp witch got a good silicone to prevent leaks. just take measurment of the old unit and go in the mercents and see what they have that you can get away with. not my first choice but they where moaning about prices so they were more than happy with it plus it worked and neer leaked so all was good :)

Just go to any plumb supply and buy a shower.

Most mixers are 150mm centres. I would say an excel. But if money's an issue. Any Chinese no brand will do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What would you replace this with? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock