Search the forum,

Discuss What replacement pump for this one? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ryk

My central heating circulation pump is making a lot of noise ever since I had to remove it to replace the two isolators either side one of which was leaking. Now I think it best to replace the circulation pump but cannot find any information on the old one to guide me on what replacement is best. Its a Celsia Multi Head. With pump speed as follows:
1. 1050 (min) 60 P1(w) 0.27 (A)
2. 1400 (min) 83 P1(w) 0.37 (A)
3. 1800 (min) 110 P1 (w) 0.48 (A)

I contacted Grundfos but their customer service was unable to help with a suggested pump. Hopefully someone can advise me with a model and make that is reliable and good value for money. Thanks in advance.

Here is a picture of the old one.

Celsia Central heating pump.jpg

Attachments

• Central heating pump.jpg
    Central heating pump.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 79
Have you tried to air your pump ?

Stnd 15-50 pump, dab or wilo

Thanks.. Just tried that. Undid the screw. The black is a cap and behind it is a nut that I unscrewed (but was unable to take out completely). Some water came out but. Pulling the screw out as far as I could the pump went silent but when I pushed it back in the noise came back. Even pushed it such that the motor stopped and started - I was hoping that back pressure would force the air out but maybe not. Maybe I am not clearing the airlock??

That screw doesn't come all the way out. It is free whilst you pull it out but at the end it locks into the shaft so you can turn it. When you pushed it back in the pump probably didn't stop it just disconnected the screw from the shaft

Does that make any sense ?

Without hearing it, it's difficult to say. If the bearings have started to fail it sounds like wurring or grinding ( I suppose that's best way to describe it).

Is it ( motor ), horizontal ?, I cannot really tell from my pics.

Size wise, it depends on what it needs to overcome but I would stick my neck out to say ( without having seen it), most average sized domestic properties have a 15-50 or 15-60.
A lot of the modern pumps are 15-50/60 . Personally, I use Grundfos but others will undoubtedly disagree, it's all a matter of preference and experience.

[video=youtube;wM5QDayto5k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM5QDayto5k[/video]

This is what it sounds like...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What replacement pump for this one? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock