Discuss What is Difference between the 2 off functions on Vaillant Ecotec 24 please? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

homeowner

Hi all

In the centre of the boiler (left of timer) there is a manual dial with an 'on' and 'off' setting. There is a 3rd setting for putting heating on timer. If i turn it to off will i still have hot water? (the booklet says it will turn the boiler permanently off).

There is also a standalone on/off button to the right.

What is the difference between these two off functions please? Have been through entire manual and it doesn't say.

Hi all

In the centre of the boiler (left of timer) there is a manual dial with an 'on' and 'off' setting. There is a 3rd setting for putting heating on timer. If i turn it to off will i still have hot water? (the booklet says it will turn the boiler permanently off).
This dial just controls your heating, hot water will still be available.
There is also a standalone on/off button to the right. This button will turn off all the functions of the boiler, i.e. no heating or HW

What is the difference between these two off functions please? Have been through entire manual and it doesn't say.[/QUOTE]

It's as obvious as you are saying.
you have a Combi so hot water is only called for when a tap is turned on.
the other switch is for radiators
1. On on permanently
2 off . Off permenantly .
3. Timed. This uses the times that you can set in.

the other switch that has two positions is power to the boiler. On or off . This will switch the whole boiler off.

didnt the installers who left in such a hurry to not do your guarantee form not tell you how it works too?

I know I put this on your other post but did you buy the boiler yourself.?

Your installer needs a punch in the face for not running through this with you!

On your hot water knob you have a warmstart on/off. Vaillant says "The warmstart system of the ecoTEC combination boilers provides you with hot water at the required temperature immediately. To do this, the hot water heat exchanger of the ecoTEC is kept at a pre-selected temperature level and the boiler will therefore periodically operate to maintain this temperature"

Yes they were in a hurry to leave, i did ask to be given a run through and was told "there's the manual".
This is typical of attitudes in London, especially when you are a female householder. I am not impressed, but what can i do? They are always attentive up until they've got the sale, which is why i really hate dealing with issues like this.

These were off Checkatrade, which has really gone downhill in my view and seems to have lowered the joining criteria, as out of 12 or so i rang, only 3 called back, including these. Couldn't get any personal recommendations as most neighbours have had bad experiences.

No i did not buy the boiler myself.

Anyhow thanks for your patience in answering and yes i will be leaving various online reviews.............

Your installer needs a punch in the face for not running through this with you!

On your hot water knob you have a warmstart on/off. Vaillant says "The warmstart system of the ecoTEC combination boilers provides you with hot water at the required temperature immediately. To do this, the hot water heat exchanger of the ecoTEC is kept at a pre-selected temperature level and the boiler will therefore periodically operate to maintain this temperature"

not always the case John, I keep getting calls fm new owners asking me to explain how a combistat works and to pop in and show them, so I popped in this week, 4th time and showed them again and gave them a ÂŁ75 callout invoice as I left, havent heard or been paid yet! :)

not always the case John, I keep getting calls fm new owners asking me to explain how a combistat works and to pop in and show them, so I popped in this week, 4th time and showed them again and gave them a ÂŁ75 callout invoice as I left, havent heard or been paid yet! :)

If they are elderly or infirm chances are that they will forget anyway. We factor this in at the start so we don't mind a re-visit or two. The OP experienced the dark side of plumbing.It is good to keep in touch sometimes. Have spent most of this morning around customers houses re-setting controllers etc as we were without power for 2 and a half days. Have picked up some work for the new year and had lots of home made cake

Sorry to hear about your experience, these sites like checkatrade , rated people , my hammer etc have no joining criteria all a tradesman has to do is register and pay them money to bid on jobs listed on there site . They are no guarantee of a good tradesman. They dont even check if they are registered or properly trained .when you list a job on these sites with your buget tradesmen buy your phone number from the site for a percentage of your budget sayyour job is ÂŁ2000 three trades people pay say ÂŁ30 each for your details so they can quote on your job, its still much safer to ask around most goodnplumbers have no need to bid for work they have enough.

You're wrong about checkatrade not having joining criteria. They have quite strict criteria and will publish negative feedback if there are issues. The problem that I am having now is I am unable to keep up with the number of enquiries that I'm getting and don't always manage to get back to people very quickly.

To be honest I have just checked out check a trade and discovered they do have ia criteria for checking tradesmen.so apologise to them but I know for sure rated people and my hammer dont they didnt even ask for my gas safe number.ive stopped using them now .I might look at check a trade after seeing there site also seen som posts on forums from ceo soundks like hes genuine.so I apologise to ckeck a trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What is Difference between the 2 off functions on Vaillant Ecotec 24 please? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Got a replacement combination boiler, less that 1 year old. Noticed some water from the connection pictured. Can't see what is it from the...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm facing an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 boiler and would greatly appreciate your expert advice. The Problem: Heating...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm dealing with Vaillant Ecotec 824 R1 in one flat. The boiler make a very loud noise when central heating is on - this is random and occurs...
Replies
Views
Hi We've got a Vaillant ecotec plus 428 that doesn't seem to want to supply any heat to the radiators despite the hot water working just fine...
Replies
Views
Hello All, New to the forum so apologies if do any faux pas. But I have an Aqalisa Electric Quartz Shower 9.5kw (8 years old) and currently it...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock