Search the forum,

Discuss What courses did I take? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MrToad

Hi all,
Hoping someone can help me!
Am being taken to court for training costs by ex employer, they refuse to provide the receipts for the training, just an invoice I could have printed on my pc! :censored:

I need to find out exactly what training I took, and the training agency are refusing to help as they have been approached by the ex employer and told not to provide me with any information.

My question is, how can I check exactly what training I did?

I'm registered with Gas Safe etc,

TIA

You really need a solicitor. Not our half baked opinions.

But I would imagine it's acceptable for you to be charged a reasonable administration fee on top of the training costs.

Was there a clause in your contract accepting liability for training costs should you and the employer part ways? I think they need a signed copy and you also should have a copy.

But really you need legal advice.

Good advice above.
Perhaps have a think about any accredited courses you have sat and benefitted from but not paid for may be a starting point.
As croppie says have a consultation with a solicitor and take any contracts of employment you have access too.
If not perhaps ask a colleague for a copy of theirs.
If it goes to court surely with disclosure you have to have access to what they have as it is to do with you.

I got offered a job with MFI years ago as a field engineer.
Part of me accepting it was conditional on them training me for gas.
They stated if I left within 3 years I would have ro repay the gas training fees they incurred.
They also stated I had to go to welwyn garden city HQ for 3 weeks as a new recruit and share a room with another stranger recruit.
Thats when my interest wained and im pleased it did as 12 months or so later they collapsed and I'd have been jobless !

sounds like they are trying to claim 'full cost' not the price they pay!!

there not allowed to claim for the 'going rate' only the price they paid as they are not furnishing you with the fatual cost then they are fabricating it!!.

when the court papers arrive mention this on your return as undertirmined and dispute the rate that is being pursued.
as for the training center and employer, that is witholding evidence so it will have to be provided to you before a hearing then you may be able to dispute it if you demand for proof of payment.

best of with legal help and you get the first 15-30mins free any way, & if you loose offer to pay £10 a month.
good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are not permitted to with hold information directly concerning their claim. They are required to substantiate the costs with relevant invoices, and have written contract to back up why you owe the for mentioned training costs. I suspect that they have not got their act together and are annoyed that they invested in you and are chancing their arm to retrieve the loss.

As above you need proper Legal advice.

What correspondance have they had with you before this, have they given you any chance to discuss it or pay, were you notified at the time of leaving you owed them money?

They can't just go straight for court action

But, Did you start the employment with any training?

How long were you there?

For example if you started with 1 year registered on Gassafe (4 left to run) stayed 5 years and left after training with 1 year again, they can't charge a thing, they've had their 5 years worth.
Unless they'd paid you for the value of the first 4 years.

Same would apply to CSCS, IPAF or any other training that requires renewal.

Last edited:
it all depends on the contract you had in the first place, read that and the answer is there.

As already said seem legal advice would be the best idea , but what quals do you hold ?.where in herts did you do the training?

Check out your rights under data protection act and freedom of information request. Send training center £10 postal order - max legal admin charge. Demand a copy of all the information they hold on you simples:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What courses did I take? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock