Discuss What Advertising Method??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here comes a cheeky comment ... I imagine your plumbing is better than your speling!!!!
Hope your Speling is better than your plumbing and your plumbing is better than your Spelling.

Missing the "l" in spelling is of course a deliberate mistake and we all know that! LOL

North London. But why would it matter what area I'm in.

Do different advertising methods work better in one area than another?
absolutely, of course it does!!!.

the first thing you need to know is what is the level of competition in the area to the same work you cover.
now where and how do they advertise?.

try to copy and not be a pioneer is my best advice as it will cost more and you may loose more for no gain.

Set up a listing on Google Places Google Places. You can register your business to an address, which makes it easy for people searching online in that location to find you. Make sure you upload some photos, a good description and as much info as possible about the work you offer. If you don't have a website a google places listing is the ideal substitute, or an added bonus if you do have a website (as you can link the two.)

Traditional advertising such as yellow pages and newspapers doesn't work as well as it use to. Everything is going online, so create a google adwords account - this will get you first page position in google, new customers usually get some free 'credit' too. This is only applicable if you have a website, as the advert links through to your site.

Radio can be good but can also be costly, so it depends what your budget is. Branded products can work wonders such as pens, pads, diaries with your info on if you can afford it.

You could create some deals with local businesses whereby they will let you leave some leaflets there once every few months but the return on this can be low.

Overall whatever your budget make sure you really sell yourself and your company, without being cheesy or too 'salesy'. But big yourself up, say how many years experience you have, give visual examples/testimonals of your work - anything that will fill potential customers with confidence.

Had some guy leaflet dropping on my patch last week advertising "affordable plumbing and gas work " service from ÂŁ25 pound.!!!! Lady next door bought it round to show me. As i insalled new system for her last year and im due to go back to service. I explained i carnt and wont service for that as just carnt do a proper service for that. Analyser costs etc.
Any way back to post. The quality of this leaflet is rubbish. Its a4 pper, id say hes printed ad twice on paper and cut in half and posted. Its not even straight where he has cut it in half. If your leaflet dropping then at least produce a good leaflet. This one just looks cheap. Ive never leaflet dropped. Local free paper has always worked well for me. I have used yell . com which i find ok , but not the book. And Thompsons local has been good for me. Never had a sign-written van either. Word of mouth jobs are most satisfying knowing youve been recommended.

you should check his gs reg number, thats stupidly cheap

it says "from ÂŁ25" that will be to get in the door. then it will be "you need a new..." and the price climbs rapidly.

I agree.
Your charges stephen77 are a total rip off in what you offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What Advertising Method??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We've always had Google advertisements, since the day we began. Though now we've switched domain names from .co.uk to .net, we had to reapply as a...
Replies
Views
    • Love
Use PlumbersForums.net to Advertise Your Plumbing-related Company Pretty much all of our services on the forum are free of charge to most...
Replies
Views
It seems really clear to me not to pay such a company but I thought I'd make it clear in a post. Let's not name names because of solicitors...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to show ads on a usergroup basis. So unregistered see most, registered less, arms even less, staff nearly none, subscribed none at all...
Replies
Views
Okay, so this is part of a wider efforts to balance the books for the forums. We're trialing it out. But it comes with some good benefits as well...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back