Search the forum,

Discuss What a lucky day ... crossing to the wrong side of the law ... twice! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dontknowitall

Avoided a parking ticket this morning.

Came out of barbershop as parking warden was peering in through the window. Was carrying my toolbox and towel. He said I shouldn't be parking on a double yellow. I said it was working on a burst pipe.

He said "I knew you'd say that." I said, "I was, honest." He said I could have just cut the pipe then pushed a stop end on it then parked properly. I said sorry and he said don't do it again, then wandered off with me wishing him a Happy New Year.

This evening (dark) got pulled over on the main road.

I jumped out and asked if we could drive 1/2 mile to the village where it was safer to stop. He said "I make the rules on safety here, not you."

GULP!

He asked me why I was breaking the 50mph speed limit. There wasn't one and I didn't really reply then he ask my name. He said my driving was fine until the last mile (he'd been following me for 4-5 miles and through a village.) I'd stuck to my usual 29-30mph. The last mile I'd been doing 65-70mph.

Then he said the van was maximum speed limit of 50mph. That was news to me. Totally surprised and very apologetic.

Next thing I know is he's shaking my hand and lets me off!!! Lucky he didn't see the two children in the front with me!!

REALLY HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

I'm a lucky blighter. Twice in the day and let off both times!

better buy a lottery ticket then,they say it happens in threes

I got caught out with this one a few years back and got 3 points and 60 quid for doing 62.
2 weeks later, after some council smart person!? decided to change a 40 to a 30 (with not a house in sight!) i got the same again for doing 37 in a 30. I saw the police camera van sitting there, looked at the speedo and thought i was fine until i got the fixed penalty in the next week. (Why can you never see anyone in these vans? Are they lying on the floor playing the nintendo?):confused:

For vans it is 50 on a single carriageway 60 on a dual 70 on a motorway.
Car derived vans under 2 ton (eg astra's) are the same as cars.

I have one rule for driving in my van, and that is.........to drive it like I stole it.

I had one on new years day rushing to a burst pipe hence speeding , no seat belt , on the phone . sht. He pulled me over gave me a breath test I passed ok . He then explained that ,that was his only duty to catch drink drivers. So I had better book my Idea`s up because that all 3 in one go

Last edited by a moderator:
For vans it is 50 on a single carriageway 60 on a dual 70 on a motorway.
Car derived vans under 2 ton (eg astra's) are the same as cars.

Thanks Tamz, I never knew that.. Been haring about in my Vivario for months now.. Still will, but least I'll know to slow at the cams ;)

Don't think the cameras know the difference. It is the patrol cars and the speed guns you need to watch for;)

i got a speeding ticket, goint 36 in a 30 seriousley 6 mph extra. so to avoid points they offered to keep the points off if i paid the 60 quid fine and attend a speed awareness course, so thats what i did, on the way home from the speed awareness course which was about an hours drive from my home, i got to within 10 mins of my front door and the phone rang, so i picked it up and sed ill ring you back in 5 mins, i got pulled for it aswell. he said he couldnt believe i had been on my mobile phon on the way back from a speed awareness course, he said "havent you learnt ANYTHING on the course today sir" my reply was "clearly not" got slapped with a ÂŁ90 fine and 3 points and my van insurance went up ÂŁ150 because of it. :( oh well better luck this year i hope.

i got stoppped last year and i thought it was for using the phone at the lights when he asked me if i knew why he had stopped me i did the usual and fiegned ignorence when he told me it was for not wearing my belt i was ecstatic no points result

I got stopped a few years back,scrambled out of the van,was a bit worried as had a few pints,they were about to take my details and breathalyse me,when another car smashed into a lamp post opposite,the officers dashed over to help and I made a quick exit,that was a close thing I thought to my self !!

Next day,there was a knock on the door and the two officers were there,I asked how they found me,they lead me outside and there was their police van on the drive

In my haste to get away,got in wrong van......... that was a few points............

It's the way you print them
;):eek::eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What a lucky day ... crossing to the wrong side of the law ... twice! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock