Discuss WB heat cells cleaning tools... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Do you guys actually use these? Or just use the brushes you have on van. I see the junior has a baffle removal tool, can you get these out without it? It says in the manual that the baffles do get stuck and so you will need this tool. Not cheap at £27 though

Baffles will come out normally, though its not fun if the boiler is hot!

I tend to use a stiff bristled flue brush and loads of water to rinse through.

They are a horrid job even if they are a little warm as the inner cell is still really toasty. I've always managed to reach them by hand.

if fan pressure is in range then I probably wouldn't worry too much about it if you do make sure you've got the gaskets to put it all back

They are a horrid job even if they are a little warm as the inner cell is still really toasty. I've always managed to reach them by hand.

if fan pressure is in range then I probably wouldn't worry too much about it if you do make sure you've got the gaskets to put it all back

When you say Gaskets, do you mean Gasket? Just the one that goes from fan to cell?

joint = gasket here :)

Electrodes only if needed, carry them on the van, as the detection electrode seems to get burnt away fairly rapidly (same with cdi)

Be carful u don't loose end of your finger
0a3de1961e15f11ae2d4b8d98a4d1a83.jpg

If it's not a kebab

on the round hex(commonly called the kebab)yes,same gaskets and electrodes,on the square wb5 hex though different electrodes and a bit easier to service,gasket not normally needed

So the Greenstar CDI you don't need to change the gasket on the front every time you remove it? Only when needed. It does say in the MI'S that you need to hey

So the Greenstar CDI you don't need to change the gasket on the front every time you remove it? Only when needed. It does say in the MI'S that you need to hey

no,most i work on are ok,worcester tech confirmed when i asked only renew if needed,obviously good idea to have one on the van though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to WB heat cells cleaning tools... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back