Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Water leaking from upstairs, 3 leaks per day, in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hutulong

which kitchen appliances use water 3 times per day? Boiler, Fridge, or …?

Water leaking from upstairs, 3 leaks per day, 5-10mins per a leak, around 11:00, around 16:00, and around 23:00, told local council 7 month ago, still cannot find the problem? Help, please.

it is a kitchen above my room!

what type of accomodation are you in? is it your kitchen or a flats. If a flat i would be speaking to upstairs about their usage.

what type of accomodation are you in? is it your kitchen or a flats. If a flat i would be speaking to upstairs about their usage.

I am a leaseholder, and I live in a 2 Bedroom Maisonette Flat, my first floor is the bedroom/s, so it is a kitchen above my first floor.
the time slots of the water leaking, it just surprise me....it must be the problem from their boiler!!!

most likely a boiler issue leaking once heat passes through the pipe.

Is it a big leak or a small leak?

Is it definitely a Kitchen above, I'd say it was a shower leaking.

Maybe they shower in the kitchen sink??

When it's cold out,should be able spot boiler exhaust (for times their heating runs)

(Does sound like boiler--If worst when Cold)

but then may just be home more when Cold !

Last edited:
like jackson said it culd be a leaking condensate pipe when heatings on it sounds like it could be timed heating

Dishwashers leak 2 times per day
Sinks leak 6 times a day
Boilers leak 12 times a day
Baths leak 3 1/2 times a day
And toilets.... Well they can leak up to 25 times per day!!

thanks you all for the suggestions...i will make few suggestions to my local council again...soon

Sinks leak 6 times a day
thanks for the accurate prediction for each home appliance.

Sinks leak 6 times a day

sometimes, it leaks around 5-6 in the morning, i don't think upstairs will wash dish, shower, and so on.
the leaked water is cold and pure tape water...

Are you sure? Have you tested the pH? That would give a good indication as to whether it's condensate.
i have not tested pH, sorry what is the PH?! it is cold for sure, and not that dirty water. obviously, it mixes with the dust of broken brick on my ceiling.

You need to talk to the council and insist that they do something about the leak that is coming from their property. Talk to environmental health as well. Continuing damp is hazardous to health. It could be a soil or waste problem as it will be filtered as it passes through the concrete ceiling. If you get no joy talk to your MP. You should not have to suffer from a leak that id none of your doing.

You need to talk to the council and insist that they do something about the leak that is coming from their property. Talk to environmental health as well. Continuing damp is hazardous to health. It could be a soil or waste problem as it will be filtered as it passes through the concrete ceiling. If you get no joy talk to your MP. You should not have to suffer from a leak that id none of your doing.
thanks a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water leaking from upstairs, 3 leaks per day, in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock