Search the forum,

Discuss Water comng out of sink when washing machine drains. Is this causing a leak? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cgpoel

Hi all,

I recently moved into a 1st floor flat where the kitchen had been re-done in the last few weeks. The sink had been slow to drain up until today. Today I saw that when the washing machine drained, seemingly all the water had come out of the sink plughole and was almost overflowing. The cupboard under the sink was very wet too. Soon after my downstairs neighbour told me that her ceiling was leaking below where the kitchen was. I turned off the water and waited for the landlord to show up. We fiddled around with the U-bend and so on until he used a drain cleaner to unblock the drain, and the water certainly went down a lot quicker than before. No water seemed to be coming out in the cupboard below.

I was happy for 5 mins until the neighbour below said that she was getting another leak, this time a bit further back from where the kitchen is, more towards the bathroom end of the building. Are the two related? If so, has the removal of the blockage solved the problem, or is there a bigger leak somewhere? Unfortunately I cant test the water again for a few days as the downstairs neighbour has gone away for a while. So I'm without water. Please help! Thanks.

Try filling your sink up then letting it drain and check for any leaks underneath if it's all dry then it's likely the second leak your neighbour complained about could be part of the initial leak, water possibly following a gradiant to another place under your floor.

What kind of floor do you have?

Last edited:
water goes where it can make an exit. may not be close to where you think it is. Leaks can be a pain!! Good luck. Might need to dismantle stuff to find it, if you canny see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water comng out of sink when washing machine drains. Is this causing a leak? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock