Discuss water back into the header tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jmg1676

hi
just had a range tribune fitted the boiler is not pressuriesd (potterton prima and i dont want to incase of leaks)
when i turn off the central heating i can hear water i think going back into the header tank ,is it normal and safe
thanks

Safe yes, normal nope! It'd pay to have your feed and vent pipe configuration checked out :)

On the prima, the configuration of the cold feed and vent is quite specific, I seem to remember. The cold feed and vent are combined, with the vent looping over the cistern. It might be that the height of this vent is not adequatly high enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to water back into the header tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock