Search the forum,

Discuss Waste kit mismatch. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Buk

Hi,

I'm replacing my old sink with a new one which has a shallower bowl and the larger 90mm drainer.

As the bowl is shallower, I bought a new P-trap with a longer & adjustable up-stand.

The problem is that neither the original p-trap upstand nor the brand new one will mate with the outlet on the sink kit.

This is sink with the waste kit is situ. New Sink waste kit.jpg

This is the old p-trap:old P-trap.jpg

This is the new p-trap:New P-trap.jpg

This is the nut & washer supplied with the waste kit: top view:Supplied nut with washer (top view).jpg bottom view:Supplied nut with washer (bottom view).jpg

And this is a comparison between the supplied nut and the nut on the new p-trap upstand: Supplied nut .v. p-trap nut comparison.jpg

My questions arw:
Why are the threads different?

What should go between the p-trap upstand an the botton of the sink outlet?

Cheers, Buk. (Exhibiting signs of mild desperation :)

Think you need one of these

McAlpine Kitchen Sink Waste Thread Adaptor Euro to UK T12A-F - 39004016 - Plumbers Mate Ltd

Can't see pics at the mo but sounds like an eu spec waste fitting

Yes. That seems eminently likely. Thank you.

(Another weekend without a working kitchen sink :(.

First the sink arrived without the "free" waste kit. 5 days on and they send me a continental fitting!

Grrr!)

They sell them at toolstation pal. Trying to find you the code :)

Last edited by a moderator:
They sell them at toolstation pal. Trying to find you the code :)

Already ordered from Plumber's Mate, but I wasn't going to spend £9 for next day delivery on a £2 item, especially as they don't guarantee it if the order is after 12:00.

For now, I've wrapped 10 layers of ptfe around the continental thread, used the washer that came with the kit and screwed the UK p-trap upstand onto it.

Surprisingly, it seems to be water tight. I've a bucket underneath just in case; but it'll do till the adapter arrives.

(BTW: Who and where are "toolstation"?) Ignore this, I found them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Waste kit mismatch. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock