Search the forum,

Discuss Washing Machine Outlet Pipe Length Regulations? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wild nomad

Hi there,

I.ve been asked to plumb in a washing machine and dish washer. This is no problem, however both appliances are at least 6m from the drain. I know the regulation requirement for 40mm waste pipe is 3m to the stack, however, the pipe work does not terminate in a stack system. It goes through an external wall and drops down into an outside drain gully.

My question is - Does the 3m regulation length limit apply in this case?

Note: The dishwasher and kitchen sink use the same pipe as the washing machine.

Thanks in advance :)

The pumps in each appliance are really only made to pump the waste water to the height of the machine.
If you have your waste pipe falling on grade from a high point at the appliance location to a point of discharge you should be fine.

Don't expect the drains from these appliance to work if they are laying flat or a slight grade upwards over that distance.

The 3m only applies to soil stack, not an open gulley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Washing Machine Outlet Pipe Length Regulations? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock