Discuss Vokera 24 compact se in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Magicplumb

Have a customer with a 24 compact se that was completely dead. It had power going to it and the internal fuse was ok. There was no illumination of any LED lights and nothing was operating at all on the boiler.

Now with the PCB fitted it goes thought the normal sequence of flashing green light, pump -flow switch - fan and then nothing. So I changed the PD switch and still nothing. Any thoughts?

are you getting a spark? if not clean the fan blades AND venturi (always a problem),lubricate, then try the APS and electrode. If you are getting a spark you'd have to be looking at the gas valve

Sorry, forgot got to earlier no spark. Already blew through the venturi to make sure it was clear but haven't taken out the fan and cleaned it.

It’s at the stage where there’s no power going from the PCB to ignition.

All help appreciated

So fan is running and proved but no ignition?
Did you get out your meter and go through the basic fault guide in MI's. I have found it to be quite helpful in past.

So fan is running and proved but no ignition?
Did you get out your meter and go through the basic fault guide in MI's. I have found it to be quite helpful in past.

Yes the fan is running but no ignition.

Having to download MI as the customer has lost their book.

All help appreciated

Magic, as I've already said mate you have to take the fan out (with the cowl etc) and clean thoroughly any "barnacles" off it.If you disconnect the wires from the aps and link common and nc leave them off and measure resistance between common and nc. It should be continuity when it starts then switches to OL. If that happens you can measure resistance between common and NO, this should now show continuity as the fan is running and the swich should have made. If it hasn't then venturi or APS at fault. If it has made continuity between C - NO then it's the pcb

this sounds to me like pretty basic fault finding. is magic even GSR'd if he is he should join GSR forum for registered engineers. and we shouldn't be offering diagnostic info without knowing if he registered or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vokera 24 compact se in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back