Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss vinegar on stuck shower thermostatic valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennie

Gas Engineer
Hi all,
My customer has a two-knobbed shower (on/off, and temperature control). The temperature control has been siezed shut for about a year. I presume limescale - it's a hard water area, with limescale marks on the front of the shower.
I just looked up the price of thermostatic valves for Hudson Reed showers - they're so expensive.
In theory, a good soaking in a white vinegar/hot water solution might free up the thermostatic cartridge. Has anyone tried this in practise? Might it work, or is just too time consuming and fiddly?
Thanks again for your advice,
Jennie

Worth a shot but you may need to obtain a seal kit o rings and silicon grease try shower doc.com....regards Turnpin:punk:

Yeah you should be fine , briar an recommend doing the same on their cartridges if it hasn't been used for a while and doesn't work

price isnt your problem, it wont keep it going that long and youll be back idc to do it all over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to vinegar on stuck shower thermostatic valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock